Sports Program (Ages 3-13)
Hill AFB Youth Sports Program’s mission is to teach the basic skills which young people need to play various youth sports in a safe and nurturing environment, where all children receive an equal chance to participate, regardless of skill level. Hill Air Force Base has established an excellent approach to encourage a wide variety of desired outcomes to occur through the participation in our Youth Sports programs. These fundamental goals include:
- Develop positive personal, social, and psychological skills
- Obtain enjoyment through recreation
- Develop physical fitness and self-worth
- Develop the physical skills to enhance the likelihood of participation in physical activities throughout life
- Learn and develop the rules and strategies of organized team sports and individual sports
- Develop respect for rules as a facilitator of safe and fair competition
- Promote sports as an alternate to drug, alcohol, and tobacco use as a way to recreate, escape from reality, or enhance performance
- Promote interaction with positive role models and other children
Start Smart is a program created by NAYS (National Alliance for Youth Sports). It prepares children ages 3-4 for organized sports in a fun, non-threatening environment.
Jr. NBA Basketball: Ages 3-13
Baseball & T-Ball: Ages 3-13
Soccer: Ages 3-13
NFL Flag Football: Ages 7-13
Additional Sports Programs and Activities:
MLB Pitch, Hit & Run
America’s Kids Fun Run
Appropriate dress required for all Youth Center functions – halter tops and spaghetti straps are not permitted. Shirts must cover midriff. Garments may not contain inappropriate slogans or advertisement for alcohol, tobacco, or include sexually suggestive content or text. Pants will not be worn in a manner that shows undergarments. Shorts must be no shorter than finger-tip length, measured from the middle finger. Closed-toe shoes are highly recommended for Open Recreation and required for School Age Care.
Front Desk Hours
Mon – Fri
0600 – 1700
Sat – Sun
Closed all AFMC Family Days and Federal Holidays.
7712 6th Street Bldg. 833
How are we doing?
Fill out a survey on Youth Programs here.