Fundraisers on Hill AFB
Any private organization, unofficial activity, or individual wishing to raise funds on Hill AFB is required to coordinate their fundraiser through the 75th Force Support Squadron NAF Accounting Office. All fundraisers have to benefit Hill Air Force Base and all its employees, and there is a limit of 3 fundraisers per quarter through each organization.
- All fundraisers on Hill AFB must be approved by the 75th Force Support Squadron Director (75 FSS/CC) via Staff Summary Sheet (SSS) located in the right column of this page. To allow sufficient time to obtain all the necessary approvals, requests need to be submitted 15 days prior to the event.
- Approval is required for Private Organizations (POs) or unofficial activities whether the fund raiser is conducted on or off installation.
- Raffles may not be conducted in the workplace. With installation commander or designee approval, they may be conducted at public entrances and in community support facilities such as the lobby of the Base Exchange.
- Private Organizations and unofficial activities/organizations will not operate amusement machines, slot machines, or any other games of chance (except as authorized in AFI 34-223, para 10.9 as of Dec 13, 2018) nor will they engage in frequent or continuous resale activities either directly, through third parties, or in their media (e.g., newsletters, handouts, posters, special-order brochures, websites, etc.
- Fund-raising activities may not be conducted by military members or civilian employees during their duty time. Military members may not engage in fund-raising activities while in uniform.
- Fundraising activities may not duplicate or compete with the AAFES or Force Support, such as the club, base restaurants, outdoor recreation, the base golf course or a contracted vendor unless approved IAW AFI 34-223 para 10.8.
- As of Oct 9, 2018, Fundraising during the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) and Air Force Assistance Fund (AFAF) are subject to more stringent requirements than fundraisers throughout the rest of the year. See AFI 36-3101, Chapter 5.1 for guidelines.
- The SSS approving your fundraiser must be present at the event.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Air Force and the Department of Defense has strict guidelines about fundraising. These questions and answers will help you follow the rules you may not have known applied to your organization and give you general knowledge on fundraising within private organizations and unofficial activities. Otherwise comply with AFI 36-3101, Fundraising in the Air Force.
Does my organization have to be a chartered Private Organization (PO) to conduct fundraising activities on base?
No. Approved Unofficial Activities (UAs) are also authorized to conduct fundraisers. However, AFI 34-223 requires your group to be one or the other.
Small unofficial activities (like coffee funds and other small operations) are generally not considered POs. However, if their current assets (which include cash, inventories, receivables, and investments) exceed a monthly average of $1,000 over a 3-month period, the activity must become a PO, discontinue on-base operations, or reduce its current assets below the $1,000 threshold.
The 75th FSS web site has instructions complete with samples. They can help you complete this package and forward it to 75 FSS/FSR NAFAO for coordination. The request is then forwarded through the chain up to the 75 MSG/CC for approval.
Submit a fundraising request form to the 75 FSS/FSR.
For more information concerning private organizations and fundraising on Hill AFB, please contact the NAF Accounting Office at (801) 775-6793.
7285 4th Street Bldg. 180, Room 200
How are we doing?
Fill out a survey on NAF Accounting here.
Step 1 – Download and complete Staff Summary Sheet (SSS) located on right column of this page. Allow 15 days for approval process.
Step 2 – Coordinate and acquire signatures from MDG and AAFES as appropriate.
Step 3 – Take coordinated SSS to the NAFAO in building 180, room 200.
Step 4 – When contacted, please pick up the approved/disapproved SSS within 24 hours.
Step 5 – Keep a copy of the approved SSS at the event.