The Hill AFB FamCamp is located on the south side of the base and is within easy walking distance of most support agencies including the Commissary, Exchange, Bowling Center, Post Office, Arts & Crafts, Warrior Fitness Center, The Landing (AF Club), the Medical Clinic, Swimming Pool (indoor, outdoor and splash pad), and Outdoor Recreation Tickets & Travel are all located are within a one half to one mile from the camp.
The FamCamp Reception Center has a pool table, dart board and card games, TV, VCR/DVD player, access to several hundred movies (free), game nights, movie nights, football parties (in season), pinochle tournaments, BBQ, and much more. The camp manager has information on the local area, tourist sites, live entertainment and even square dancing. We have also have a pet exercise area.
Just want to relax? Shade trees with benches surround the camp and a park next door has a nice playground and splash pad. Relax, read or watch the various aircraft that fly in and out of Hill. We have something for everyone.
A comment heard over and over is, “We didn’t know there was so much to do and see in Utah!” It’s time for you to visit! We promise you that if nothing else, you will leave here with new friendships. See you soon!
Call at 801-775-3250 or 801-777-9666 with questions.
Full hook-up (includes water, sewer and power)
Per night and in advance
Includes gravel areas with full hook-up
Partial hook-up (minimum electric, some with water)
Per night and in advance
Can get some electric to most areas in the camp
Tents (water available)
Per night and in advance
Dry Camping (will be used only as a last resort)
Per night and in advance
Storage (contact Outdoor Recreation, Tickets and Travel)
Assistive devices: Cash deposit- refundable upon check-out
25’ 30A extension cord
25’ drinking water hose
Water Pressure reducer
- No credit cards or checks are acceptable for deposit
- Deposit will be kept if item is not returned
- Damaged items must be reported immediately or upon return
- Dump station (no charge)
- Overnight parking (see manager)
- Extra vehicle charge (see manager)
- Pet charge (none) unless in excess of two (see manager)
- Currently there are no phone, computer, satellite, or cable hook-ups available
Driving Directions – PLEASE NOTE: All RV’s must enter the base via the Roy Gate, Exit #338 off Interstate I-15
Directions to Hill AFB:
Hill AFB and the FamCamp is located 20 miles north of Salt Lake City, resting on a plateau 4600 ft above sea level at the base of the Wasatch Mountains. On a clear day you can see for miles, all over the Salt Lake Valley to the south and west and the mountains to the east.
* Southbound on I-15: Come South on I-15 to the 700 S exit# 334. Take a left heading East to the South Gate approximately 3 miles or to the fourth stop light. Turn Left.
* Westbound on I-80: Coming out of Wyoming on I-80 into Utah, proceed to the I-80/I-84 split. Take I-84 West towards Ogden to the Salt Lake exit# 87B for Highway 89. This will be a “B” exit heading South on Highway 89 approximately 3 miles. As the road merges right you want to merge with it to the top of the incline and the Highway 193 Westbound exit. There is a sign stating Hill AFB exit. Stay on 193 Westbound to the fourth stop light and take a right to South gate.
* Northbound on I-15: Come up I-15 to the 700 S exit# 334. Take a right onto highway# 193 heading East to the South gate approximately 3 miles or to the third stop light. Turn left.
* Eastbound on I-80: Coming East on I-80 into Salt Lake City, you will take the exit for Ogden/I-215 bypass. Get on I-215 towards Ogden and eventually it will merge into I-15 Northbound to Ogden. Proceed Northbound on I-15 to the 700 S exit# 334. Take a right onto Highway# 193 heading East to the South Gate approximately 3 miles or to the third stop light. Turn left.
* South Gate: “ALL TRAFFIC” after you make the turn towards South Gate stay in or immediately merge to the far left lane. After you go through the gate you will take an immediate left approximately 150 feet after going through the gate. This street is Balmer and you will stay on Balmer for one block and then take your first left onto Park Lane. This will bring you back to the FamCamp Office.
RUSH HOUR: Rush hour traffic for the base is from 0600 to 0800 and 1500 to 1700 Monday thru Friday. For Salt Lake City it is 0500 to 0900 and 1500 to 1900 Monday thru Friday. Please plan you trips accordingly as these times are very hectic to travel.
Check-in is after 1300 hours daily.
Questions? Call 801-775-3250
Directions to FamCamp from the Roy Gate:
The Roy Gate is on Wardleigh Road. Stay on Wardleigh Road (approximately 4 miles) until you come to the second stop light which is “E” Ave. Take a right (South) on “E” Ave and go thru the next stop light until you come to a four-way stop sign (Balmer St.) Take a left on Balmer St (east) until you come to the FamCamp. The entrance into the FamCamp is a right (south) on Park Ave. Proceed to the back of Centennial Park and you will see the FamCamp Office and Reception Center (Building 564). Registration and space assignment is completed from this building 24 hours a day.
Check-in is after 1300 hrs daily.
Call 801-775-3250 or 801-777-9666
Frequently Asked Questions
Hopefully this will answer some of the questions that you may have. See you in the future!
Are pets allowed?
Pets are allowed in the camp. There is a pet exercise area in the FamCamp and the Duck Pond trail is a three plus mile loop trail that allows leashed pets. Owners MUST immediately pick-up and dispose of their pets waste.
What about visitors?
Visitors are allowed to accompany you, however, it is on a space available basis only.
What is the allowed length of stay?
There is a 14 day max stay rule for our peak season, May through September. Extensions are possible, depending on available space and what the reservations are indicating for future occupancy. From October through April campers are allowed to stay for as long as they want.
Are reservations required?
Reservations are highly recommended but not required. Campers without reservations are welcome, but reservations have priority.
What about check-in?
There is an after hour registration booth. It has space availability listings along with the site assignments for reservations. This booth has pay envelopes, a drop box, and general information about the camp.
- Relatives of active duty personnel stationed in Utah are allowed to stay in the camp. This is on a space available basis.
- Sponsors are responsible for everyone in their party including all visitors.
- We are capable of accommodating any size RV that is on the road, including custom made RV’s. If there is something extremely odd about your RV that is not normal, please let us know at the time of your reservation.
- The number in your party is not of concern at the present time.
- Rush hour traffic throughout the Wasatch Front (Brigham City through Spanish Fork) along the I-15 corridor is from 0600 to 0900 and 1500 to 1900. Be prepared for delays during these times.
- Rush hour on base begins at 0500 to 0800 and 1500 to 1700.
- Access to the base by large vehicles and RV’s is now limited. See Directions on this site for clarification.
- If you are in the vicinity of Hill AFB and need a place to stop, stop at FamCamp. We will be as accommodating as space allows.
- If your status is: PCS, TDY, Medical, Retired Military, Retired DOD Civilian, or a Relative of an Active Duty member, you are allowed in the camp as long as you have the proper ID Card and/or proper sponsorship.
- Check-in is after 1300 hrs daily.